This is my go to everyday hairstyle I love to do! Some things you’ll need to do your hair like this are:
- An inch and a half size barrel curling iron
- a comb
- hairspray, dry shampoo, and texturizing spray
The trick to achieving curls like these is to:
- Use the clamp of a curling iron instead of using a wand or wrapping the hair around a curling iron.
- Also, make sure to have the heat at the crown of the head as much as possible.
- Alternate the direction you curl by having the top half of the curls going away from your face and the bottom half going towards the face
- Practice makes perfect. I have friends and family who struggle curling their hair using the clamp so I know it definitely takes some practice to get the hang of it. The type of curls are different when you use the clamp verses other methods so if you can get it down I think you’ll be happy with how it turns out.
- If you want the curls less tight, sleep on your hair curled like this or brush through it with your fingers a few times.