Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved to writing in a journal regularly. There is something about getting your thoughts out of your head and onto paper that is extremely therapeutic and so helpful! Writing in a journal was fun for me when I was a little girl, and I would write about my day and the things I was doing with my family (I even had a special journal that was locked with a little silver key—remember those?) It was helpful when I was in high school and would let out all of my emotions regarding friends, boys, and school. It helped me when I was away from home for the first time at college and felt lonely, and it is beneficial for me now as a wife and a mother to a baby. It has been so fun for me to go back and look at my old journals. Whether I was happy, sad, worried, excited, frustrated, or inspired, writing in a journal was always so helpful for me! No matter what stage of life you are in right now, I promise that journaling can help your mind feel fresh and organized.
There are a variety of ways to journal, but I think the best way is to simply get a notebook and simply just write whatever is on your mind! Sometimes coming up with something to write can be tricky though, so I came up with a little list to help you get started.
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
2. Talk about them time you felt the Spirit.
3. What is your favorite holiday and why?
4. What is something you have done that you are proud of?
5. When you were little, what was your dream job?
6. What is your dream job now?
7. Who is your #1 role model in life and why?
8. Is there anything you are particularly worried about right now?
9. What type of music is your favorite and why?
10. Who has been your favorite teacher in school and why?
11. What is your favorite scripture and why?
12. If you had $1,000 to spend at any store, where would you go and what would you buy?
13. What is something you would like to learn how to do?
14. Who is your best friend? Why are the two of you friends?
15. What spiritual gifts have you been given?
16. Who is your favorite person in the scriptures?
17. What is your favorite vacation spot?
18. Who has inspired you or made you feel happy lately?
19. What is your favorite hymn and why?
20. What are you thankful for?
21. What have been your highs and lows over the past week?
22. What is one way you would like to grow in the next year?
23. What is something you are looking forward to?
24. What is your favorite book?
25. What is something you love about this time in your life?
26. What is something important you have learned from a parent or grandparent?
27. Talk about a few small and simple things that have made you happy lately.
28. If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be and why?
29. What is something that helps you feel better when you are sad/upset?
30. Write down your testimony.
Hopefully this little list of topics will come in handy for you next time your are stumped when writing.